Prepare for Veterinary School Admission: DVM in Veterinary Medicine
Application Due - Differs by program. Below deadlines are based on the K-State admission process.
Summer between your junior and senior years, submit your
Students should use the Veterinary Medical College Application Service (VMCAS). Complete your application by August 1st - September 15th is the deadline.
Special Application Requirements:
- Register for the GRE. Graduate Record Exam. This test is the largest single factor for admission to K-State, 40% of an applicants score. Be sure to review and practice!
- Recommendation letters and transcripts send through VMCAS.
- Most applications require a personal comments essay. Consult the Writing Center!
- Interview Process! Most schools begin interviews in December and January.
- Observation, and work with Veterinarians is important.
- Strong candidate also must demonstrate a committment to social service. Volunteering is always great! Check out local animal shelters!
- Keep a log about your hours, activities and thoughts about the Veterinary profession for your application, resume, and interview.
For K-State, complete the K-State College of Veterinary Medicine Supplemental Application by September 1st. Be certain that they recieve your GRE scores, VMCAS application and letters, and supplemental application by September 15th.