KU Occupational Therapy: Doctorate in Occupational Therapy OTD
Application Due - August 1 - Dec 1, rolling admission, apply early!
GPA Required for Application: 3.2
Competitive GPA accepted: 3.5+
Special Application Requirements:
- Students are required to complete a minimum of 40 hours of volunteer experience with an occupational therapist in at least two settings. Experiences must have been completed within the last 3 years. More is always better!
- Healthcare experience with direct patient contact and working/volunteering with people with special needs are highly recommended.
- GRE Required. Graduate Record Exam. Must be taken within the last 5 years.
- All applicants must submit three professional letters of reference from individuals who can attest to the applicant’s potential and capacity to succeed in the program. One letter of recommendation must be from an academic reference.
- All applicants must submit a professional resumé describing work and/or, volunteer experience. This is an opportunity to highlight participation in leadership, extracurricular, and life activities. Chat with the University Career Center!
- Students who are applying to start the OT program Fall 2019 will be required to complete an interview as part of the application process.