Prepare for Dentistry School Admission: DDS or DMD in Dentistry
Application Due - Differs by program. By July 1st of the summer between your junior and senior years, submit your American Association of Dental Schools Application Service application (AADSAS).
Special Application Requirements:
- Register for the DAT - Dental Admission Test. This test is computerized so schedule it for a time that suits your preparation and application cycle needs.
- Ideally, you will want to take it by June 1st in the summer between your Junior and Senior year. If needed, you can retake it after 90 days.
- Evaluation Letters are required for the AADSAS. Letters are sent through the AADSAS, be sure to give your writers an August 1st deadline for submission.
- Complete supplemental applications ideally by August 1st.
- Resume will be required.
- Interview Process! Most schools begin their interview process in August or September.
- Observation, and work in a Dental Office is strongly encouraged.
- Strong candidate also must demonstrate a committment to social service. Volunteering is always great!
- Research projects are encouraged.
- Keep a log about your hours, activities and thoughts about the Dentistry profession for your application and interview.