PreRespiratory Care Curriculum:
Respiratory Care is a major that you complete by taking 2 years of pre-respiratory care classes required for application to the Respiratory Care program, and then once admitted you complete the final 2+ years of your degree in Medical School.
- One semester of college Chemistry is recommended before students take Microbiology (BIOL 200/203)
- Students should take BIOL 240 before BIOL 246 if possible. However, it is not uncommon for students to take them in the same semester.
- HEIM 230: Medical Terminology - can be taken before admitted into the program. Be aware there are additional fess as it is offered through the Med Center campus online
- Course Repeat Policy is allowed.
- Credit/NoCredit is not allowed.
- Minimum transfer grade accepted is a C.
- COMS exemption is not accepted.
- 3rd level of ENGL coursework is recommended to fulfill an elective requirement.
- Upon completion of the prerequisites for KU Core, students will have acquired 44 credit hours. The respiratory care program will provide an additional 67, for a total of 111 credit hours. To earn a degree from KU, 120 total credit hours must be acquired, and can be fulfilled with any elective course(s). Students typically need 5-12 elective hours.
- Combined Anatomy and Physiology with lab transferred in can be used for the admission anatomy requirement. A stand alone Physiology course and lab will be required in addition.
Who's my PreRespiratory Care Advisor?
Your advising home will be in the Undergraduate Advising Center - you are considered a PreHealth Information Management student! Your advisor will be Robin Merritt. Call 785-864-2834 to find out more!