PrePhysical Therapy Curriculum:
Physical Therapy is a track made up of pre-requisite courses you complete along with a major of your choice. This prepares you for admission into a Physical Therapy Doctoral program. GRE also required.
A bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution must be completed prior to start of program classes. The degree can be in any field, but course work must have included the specific DPT prerequisites.
- One semester of college Chemistry is recommended before taking Microbiology - BIOL 200/203.
- Students should take BIOL 240 before BIOL 246 if possible.
- Preference will be given to students who have at least 80% of their math and science prerequisites (8 classes) completed at the time of application! Don't wait to take those courses.
- Course Repeat Policy not allowed.
- Credit/NoCredit not allowed for courses in the PrePT track.
- Minimum transfer grade accepted is a C
- PSYC 350: Abnormal Psychology is usually preferred for your upper level PSYC requirement
- A combined human anatomy/physiology class that is 6 semester credits or greater and includes a laboratory may be used to fulfill both the anatomy and physiology requirements.
- PT would like to see students go above and beyond the minimum requirements. For example, they would like students to take BIOL 150 instead of BIOL 100/102.
- PT no longer requires algebra/trigonometry, precalculus, or calculus. Only statistics is required (MATH 365 at KU.)
Who's my PrePhysical Therapy Advisor?
You will be considered a student in whatever major you choose with the addition of your "Pre-Physical Therapy" interest code.
If you are still exploring majors or are a Pre-Professional student your advising home will be the Undergraduate Advising Center, 785.864.2834 - EXPLORE.KU.EDU
You will be advised by Robin Merritt.
If you have selected a major you will be advised within your major department. However, you are still welcome to meet with Robin regarding your PrePT requirements!