PreHealth Information Management Curriculum:
Health Information Management is a major that you complete by taking 2 years of pre-health information management classes required for application to the Health Information Management program, and then once admitted you complete the final 2+ years of your degree in Medical School.
- Students should take BIOL 240 before BIOL 246, if possible. However, they can be taken at the same time.
- HEIM 230: Medical Terminology - can be taken before students are admitted into the program. Be aware there are additional fees as it is offered through the Med Center campus online.
- Course Repeat Policy is allowed.
- Credit/NoCredit is not allowed for prerequisite courses.
- COMS exemption is allowed.
- Minimum transfer grade that is accepted is a C.
- Students may take ACCT 121 or ACCT 122 at JCCC to fulfill the Accounting requirement for the program.
- HIM will accept a combined anatomy and physiology course to fulfill both requirements as long as the credit is at least 5 credit hours.
- 60 hours must be complete by start of the program.
Who's my PreHIM Advisor?
Your advising home will be in the Undergraduate Advising Center - you are considered a PreHealth Information Management student! Your advisor will be Robin Merritt. Call 785-864-2834 to find out more!