PreClinical Lab Sciences Curriculum: Bachelor of Science in Clinical Laboratory Sciences
Clinical Lab Science is a major that you complete by taking 2 years of pre-clinical lab science classes required for application to the Clinical Lab program, and then once admitted you complete the final 2+ years of your degree in Medical School.
- BIOL 210 can be taken before Clin Lab admission.
- BIOL 600 (Biochemistry) and BIOL 503 (Immunology) may be taken either pre or post admission.
- Course Repeat Policy is allowed.
- Credit/NoCredit - not allowed for science and math coursework. ENGL and COMS must also be taken for grades.
- Minimum transfer grades accepted: C- not accepted for math or science coursework, C-'s are allowed for other courses. D's and F's not accepted for any course.
- 57 hours must be completed by the start of the program
- MATH: Even if students are exempt from MATH 101 (ACT) they must still complete 6 hours of math. Suggest MATH 115 and 365!
- Online and virtual science labs are not acceptable.
- Science and math prerequisite courses will only be accepted if they have been taken within the six years prior to the submission of the application for admission to the program.
- A combined anatomy and physiology is accepted only if it is 8 hours and includes a lab.
- Mammalian Physiology will fulfill the Human Physiology requirement. (BIOL 546 instead of BIOL 246)
Who's my PreClin Lab Advisor?
Your advising home will be in the Undergraduate Advising Center - you are considered a PreClinical Lab Science student! Your advisor will be Robin Merritt. Call 785-864-2834 to find out more!